Data modelling in Power BI
7 hours – 1 day.
- Power BI installed.
- Basic familiarity with spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Excel).
The course will include a mix of theory and practice, with an emphasis on best practices for financial and business reporting.
- Data modeling concepts: tables (fact tables, dimension tables), data types, relationships, filtering and cross-filtering.
- Single-table models: Introduction of the data model, star schemas, naming conventions.
- Header/detail tables: Importance of choosing the correct data model for improving performance and ensuring correctness of aggregate calculations.
- Multiple fact tables: Handling different scenarios with multiple fact tables that are related to each other. Setting up bridge tables to handle complex models (for instance, orders and invoices).
- Dashboards. Design principles and best practices.
- Developers, analysts, marketers and data scientists.
Format of the course
- This is a hands-on course, with live coding and exercises. Participants should bring their own laptops.
150 EUR/person + VAT.
Note: The course is designed to provide a broad overview. However, we can customize the course to cover your specific needs.